Code of Conduct
Peepeth's terms are adapted from a discourse on Right Speech by Thich Nhat Hanh.
This document is adapted from "The Fourth Mindfulness Training" by Thich Nhat Hanh, a teaching of the Buddhist doctrine of right speech (presented in secular form below).
- Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to others, I am committed to cultivating loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of their suffering.
- Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering, I am determined to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope.
- I will not spread news that I do not know to be certain and will not criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure.
- I will refrain from uttering hostile and divisive words, and will strive for harmony and mutual understanding.
- I am determined to make all efforts to reconcile and resolve conflicts in my interactions, however small.
- ...and no spam!